Friday, April 3, 2009

A few recipes from the past few nights!

Wednesday we met the super nice couple that I will be watching this September so I had to make something quick which is why I went with the BBQ chicken sandwiches in the crokpot!
Bi-lo just had boneless skinless chicken breast on sale for $1.79 a lb so I used one of those instead of thawing some I already had. Then just added a container of my favorite bbq sauce on top of the chicken breasts in the crock pot and let them sit on high for about 2 hours then shredded the meat and served on a bun with some Green Giant frozen rice and broccoli steamers that I got FREE from Kroger!

Thursday we had tacos which was really easy and pretty cheap since I have a huge stockpile of cheese, ground beef, and salsa. I just stocked up on the taco kits form Publix because they were BOGO! So that was a quick and easy dinner and we would have eaten at a decent time but hubby and I got into a long conversation about being a role model so we didnt eat till late!

Tonight we had Bourdon salmon instead of the Honey Dijon because I had a mini bottle of bourbon that I needed to use. So here is the recipe!!

6 fillets Salmon
1/4 cup Bourbon
4 tablespoons Butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
(i cut this in half since there aren't 6 people to feed in my house! :))

Melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat, in a pan large enough to cook the salmon. Add salmon filets, cook 6 minutes. Flip Salmon, Add bourbon, and finish cooking fish, approximately 6 more minutes or until opaque and flakes with a fork. Serve salmon with glaze on top- goes great with asparagus and rice!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment