Monday, July 19, 2010

Chocolate Honey Fudge turned Peanut Butter Fudge

This fudge is from the oh so nice Chocolate book I told you about earlier. I couldn't wait for naps to get started to I put on a movie and got to work. 5 minutes into movie I am gathering ingredients and Conner walks in and announces "Mommy can we eat lunch now, I don't want to watch the movie". So of course I get sidetracked! Lunch made, kids sitting quietly eating and now all I see is JIF peanut butter...


Change of plans people!

My fudge went from Chocolate Orange Honey Blossom to Peanut Butter Fudge!

Where did the Orange Honey Blossom come from you say? Well 2 weeks ago we were in Athens, GA and I stopped at a road side stand and there it was! So Orange Blossom honey was what I had to have!



Meanwhile back in the kitchen I see the JIF along side all of my ingredients and decide to make a change because honestly vanilla and orange honey don't sound all that appealing with peanut butter.

So I get to work starting with 5 table spoons of butter, 1 14 oz can of sweeten condensed milk, 1/4 to 1/2 cup of peanut butter, and 1 lb chopped chocolate.

Stir like your mama taught you over a medium low heat.


Remember we don't want to boil this just get it all melted and yummy!

Keep stirring because as soon as you think you are done a little piece of butter will pop up and scream! I'M NOT MELTED! Ok really it won't scream but you might laugh when you see it pop out of there.



Butter a small glass dish then go back to your nice yummy melted fudge and pour it straight into the dish.

Now for the finale! Take a butter knife and grab some peanut butter then start in a corner and run it in a zig zag through the fudge. I did this several times and although not perfect it works!


Pop that in the fridge for and whole or until solid and your done! Simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment